Friday, October 2, 2009

Sew & Tell

This week I finished up the Christmas log cabins quilt top. This was made from the blocks that I received through the Scrappy Christmas Block Swap, plus several that I made from my own stash.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with the back though. Yesterday I thought I wanted to back it with the same Kona snow I used for the sashing. I had some scraps left over from the top, so I made some stacked coin type strips to add into the back as well.



But then I spotted this gorgeous green Kona - and I have just enough for the back. Now I can't decide. White..... or green???



What have you finished this week? Visit amylouwho for Sew & Tell Fridays

simply square button

8 comments:

  1. yikes, I can't help you decide on what to do for the back! sorry! I am not good at choosing.
    But I do love your idea of the peiced backing, love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh...I'm all for a pieced back. Look through "Fresh Modern Quilts" on flickr and there are tons of ideas! Good luck. Blessings, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the green is so beautiful! This is my first time joining Sew and Tell. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote pieced with green!!!!!!! We quilters can have it all!!!

    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did my first Sew and Tell Friday today. Checking out everyone's finished projects. Love your blocks. White or green, either way you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. go green!!! the quilt top is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your top looks fabulous! I love white. But that green is looking pretty awesome! ;o) ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. piece it with the white AND green! You might be able to throw a little red in there too if you wanted!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...